Judas' Arbit Overdrive

Friday, January 13, 2012

6 years already??!!

The last time I was blogging, I was a law student. It pains me to inform the world that my law school finally thrrew me out. They would not have me for more than 3 years. I begged and pleaded. It was such a great life! Living off your folks, travelling on the Metro, no taxes, no responsibilities. Just dragging myself to North Campus, checking out pretty women (especially in the winters - women look so cute when they are in their woolens, small cuddly things all snuggled up), walking out of class after marking my attendance and chilling in the common areas with a book. Sometimes even lying on the grass. But they would have none of it. Out, they said. I was handed a degree and was thrown to fend for myself in this big bad world.

Hmmm. Actually I was raring to graduate and start working. Enough studying, time had come to do something with my education.

I read law from Campus Law Centre. It was quite an experience. Most always end up hating the place, I actually quite liked being there. But the faults - oh yes.. It had plenty of them. To begin with, its size. It was small, much smaller than most of the undergraduate colleges in Delhi University. Second, the furniture - though there was a furniture upgrade by the time I was in my senior year, until that time I could see "Amit heart Shabnam 13.11.1976" etched on the desks. Third, the library. Ask any lawyer and they will tell you that if the legal profession had an artery, it will be called the library (that was until information technology took over - now the artery is Manupatra for the serious sorts and Google for lazy bums like me). A law student is expected to get multiple orgasms when sights are set on the racks..full of books. But in my law school, there were characters who had never entered the library. Not me of course. I was a regular. Proud of it too. Of course, being allergic to dust, I never touched the books. The loo in the library was the cleanest on campus. Of course it would be - hardly anyone came to the library so it was seldom used. There was some air-conditioners there as well, so the seats closest to them were very sought after for an afternoon nap. I got to park my ass on them quite often - those afternoons were blissful.

The professors, bless their hearts, were gems. No bad-mouthing them, some of them were actually awesome. True, there were some characters, but I shall not subject thisblog to the usual teacher bashing which I find very immature. Like, there was one professor who used to repeat everything thrice (Rule of Law Rule of Law Rule of Law!). We all found that funny. Then we got to know that he read law from Cambridge, was the next-big-thing until he had a major tragedy in his family and sort of..just lost the way. Sad.

Then we had our share of professors who stood funny, who dug their noses, who'd do pelvic thrusts with the front desks and who'd simply talk funny (some with a high-pitched shrill voice and others like a rambling goat). But, that's usual isn't it.

But to get back to the point, so there I was - fresh meat in the legal butchery in the summer of 2008. As I said, I was dying to graduate. I was very eager to earn, to build a professional profile. I was hungry for some real work for which people paid (was sick and tired of slaving for free).

Funnily enough, nothing much seems to have changed from the last time I blogged... Yet, everything has changed, everything was meant to change. Time has moved, so have I. Things haven't exactly moved according to plan - but meh..whatever.. I can't be serious for too long..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home